Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Frog Birthday Card

Hi, I wanted to share a card I made for my grandma's birthday.  I used the frog from the Mini Monsters cartridge for the front.  I don't have any embossing folders with dots, so I ran the frog through the embossing machine over some jiffy grip fabric to get the raised spots all over him.  After I put the words on, I noticed they were off-center. I stuck some ribbon on the side of the front to make it look more even.  The frog on the front is a shaker.  I love the phrase "I was toad... it is better to get laugh lines than to get worry warts;" which was cut from the girl font on the cupcake cartridge.  The frog inside is from the Paisley cartridge.  He and the "hoppy birthday" both pop-up when you pull the arrow tab.
and the inside:
then when you pull the tab:

I would like to enter this card in a few challenges:
Getting Cricky's Fun With Puns Challenge
Bearly Mine's Anything Goes Challenge
Craft Your Day's Away Anything Goes Challenge
Crafty Catz' Animal Challenge
Paper Playtime's Polka Dots + Sentiment Challenge
Ribbon Carousel's Bump it Up Challenge
& Simon Says No Rules Challenge






6 comments:

  1. what a fun and very cutie of a card love the image too fabulous work thank you for joining in with us all over at crafty Catz hugs sassyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there thank you for sharing your Froggy card with the DT from Simon Says Stamp and Show, love the colors and your colouring, hugs terry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great card! love that cutie image too. Thanks for joining us this week at CraftyCatz. Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab and fun!! Love the frog!

    Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Days Away for our final challenge - Anything Goes

    Hugs

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sentiment! Thanks for playing with us at the Ribbon Carousel!

    Tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha!! This is so adorable!! I love the sentiment and the pull tab!! Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Playtime :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Paper Playtime DT

    ReplyDelete